Friday, 18 January 2013

Definition of my One Word - organise

I looked up my One Word - Organise - to find out its various meanings and possibilities:

Dictionary.com definition organize
 
or organise  (ˈɔːɡəˌnaɪz) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
— vb
1.to form (parts or elements of something) into a structured whole;coordinate
2.( tr ) to arrange methodically or in order
3.( tr ) to provide with an organic structure
4.( tr ) to enlist (the workers) of (a factory, concern, or industry) in atrade union
5.( intr ) to join or form an organization or trade union
6.informal  ( tr ) to put (oneself) in an alert and responsible frame of mind

Doesn't it have some great scope for exploration over twelve months! How will I ever truly learn all it has to offer? It will be interesting how I will interpret the different parts over the coming year. I'm particularly intrigued by the possible interpretations of "to join", "to form", and the "frame of mind".

No comments: